Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Joanna Campbell

Joanna Campbell's cooper alloy, gold plated shakudo ring has an adornment texture to it. As Joanna has had experience in the past with textile design and clothing production, she has now become interested in the relationship between fabric and metal. There is a clear technique used with impressing the fabric onto the metal, which came out with a nice black and gold pattern. It makes it quite an interesting ring to look at, aswell as the scale being so wide and long.

My favourite part of the ring is the composition of the pattern from the fabric onto the metal, as to me I feel it looks like there is a lion face on the ring with it's mouth open. As it looks like this same pattern is not anywhere else on the ring therefore I feel this is why it has a very interesting composition to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment